Remember, Remember..

Monday 3 November 2014


I think it's safe to say our thing is Bonfire Night.

Last year, I was enjoying the display at Centre Parcs. This year, I'll be by a lake. I love everything about BFN. Gathering with your nearest and dearest, taking your first sip of mulled wine or a struggling with a ridiculous hot chocolate and tucking into a hog roast. All wrapped up and excitedly waiting for the fireworks to begin. It really marks the start of the festive season.

So in light of this I've put together a few bits and pieces I would love to wear to watch a Guy being toasted. Bit weird when you put it like that. Traditions, eh?
Gloves, Dents; Personalised Cape, Selfridges; Shirt, Silken Favours; Gilet, Lavenham Jackets x Fred Perry; Ear Muffs, Celtic and Co; Socks, Perilla; Jumper, John Smedley; Boots, Trickers; Skirt, Topshop Boutique.

Gloves are the first thing... I always forget. Hopelessly clutching a warm beverages in the hope my fingers won't develop frostbite before the nights out. I've always found leather gloves, a bit weird, a contradiction I know as I have shoes and bags and I am by no means a veggie. But a second skin is all too much for me even when Leather Trousers are on my A/W wishlist. But if I had to go leather I of course would go Dents. And I was delighted to find some Cashmere Lined leathers!

Instead of a scarf this year, I think it's all about the cape. Thanks Burbs! Belted or layered it pulls the whole ensemble together. This Johnstons one can be personalised with your initials and is made in Scotland! Yes please!

As an honourary member of the Hair Bear Bunch hats have always either not fitted my head OR trapped too much heat leaving my body causing a sweaty mess. So I really do have a genuine love of ear muffs. I found these once thanks to google and I've got to say they are pretty much spot on.

Practicality wise it really is about a good skirt and tight combo in winter. Nothing worse than soggy trouser legs. NOTHING. That's something that's stuck with me since school. So this wool skirt from good ol' Toppers will keep you nice and warm, a decent length and like everything boutique, oh so stylish. Teamed with a light knit from John Smedley in this lovely rose goldy tonned jumper and a beautiful print on a Silken Favours shirt. 

You'll instantly see a coat missing from the line up.. I'm being brave. I'll live to regret this. So relief when I found this padded gilet from an awesome collab between Fred Perry and up the road from me Lavenham Jackets, sure to keep me warm.

Of course the other horrible thing about the cold is ice cube toes, so some British Alpaca socks and some sturdy boots by Trickers will solve all your woes. 

I hope you all have a lovely night.

Stay warm, stay safe!

Andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground