The #buybritishthischristmas Gift Guide: Part II

Thursday 4 December 2014

Another week and the hashtag grows! As the guide evolves into some more sensible order, I thought I would include my top picks and get some categories in the mix!

Don't forget, everyone has the chance to be included in the gift guide! Just use #buybritishthischristmas.

-----

GENTLEMEN

Let's start off with the boys and men in your life. I share a bathroom with two men, our 'shared' cabinet has more man scrubs, mattifiers, face masks, stubble softeners and manly man stuff that I can just about place a kirby grip in there. So for me it makes a lot of sense to buy them even more man face stuff. It's a winner. Something that recently cropped up in the cabinet is Scarmouche & Fandango, so when they tagged this Christmas Cracker I just had to include it.

Run & Fell have ran away with the tag (sorry, sorry, terrible pun). I really love this Organic Silver Foil Tee, but they have so many designs, I'm sure if this isn't your thing you certainly will find something for him.


The man in my life, like many, is a cook. Obsessive. So it's hard to ignore Netherton Foundry's vast range under #buybritishthischristmas. I would pick this smoker out for him. He's always wanted to give it a go.

My suggestions for the boys this week is this Dereks Everyday Backpack. Boys need bags too and this would be ideal for the commuter or adventurer in your life.

LADIES



I fell head over heels for these slippers from Arthur Sleeper. Shoes shouldn't be boring and when these appeared on my insta feed I had to suggest them. 

How could I pull together a Christmas Gift Guide and not include Stella + Alf, hurry though, there's only a few left of their Easy Tee.

If it's stocking fillers or gifts for the best gals then a budget selection seems necessary. We have Knickers by Kinky Knickers, Make-up bag screenprinted in England by Betty & Brice and a luxurious eye mask by Ayten Gasson.

I'm a little obsessed with these quirky Lou Taylor spider planter earrings, I know just the person. 

I bought a their poppy candle in Center Parcs and it smelt SO good we've already gone through it. So I'd be happy to spread the joy with a Christmas Tree Candle by Stonesglow. And you get some lovely seeds to sow. 

Finally why not Personalise a Milk Token by Brit-Stitch. Carry your public transport pass of choice in style.

home


If, like me, you and all of your friends, are starting to buy and rent their own space, homewares becomes a much more welcome present. As suggested by Wyckoff Smith, the perfect spoon for the ice-cream lover in your life. Suggested by Beyond the Fridge, for the sewer in your life a appropriate notice board! A recent follower, Cornishware offer classic style, and I'm sure would take pride of place on many of my friends kitchen counters. My choice for home would be this Tori Murphy wide striped cushion to adorn mine or any of the sofas of the houses I frequent.

Finally, some festive suggestions to get you and your home in the spirit. Like this throw by Chapman House and some festive bunting by Betty and Dodge.


Part III will be live next thursday, make sure you carry on tagging your gift idea with #buybritishthischristmas.

Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground