The #buybritishthischristmas Gift Guide: Part III

Thursday 11 December 2014

Good Evening!

Todays #buybritishthischristmas will be the final instalment, but please do not let that put you off using the hashtag! Hopefully, the suggestions which have been complied on The Mibber over the last three weeks, will have helped you decide what to get you're loved ones and with two weeks to go, will give you plenty of time to order in time for Christmas.

Last week saw, Small Business Saturday (another, and more welcome American import), so I hope it has encouraged you to explore your high street beyond the homogeneous destinations. I certainly have pursued the smaller stores in my quest for handmade and unique. My quest for Washi tape has so far proved futile though!

Ever the mixed bag, this weeks suggestions come far and wide!


I might as well be surgically attached to my brushed cotton PJs at this time of year, so much so, I attempted to persuade the boy to buy brushed cotton bedsheets. But even I admit, I may be going a step too far. So my first suggestion this week has to be this longer length brushed cotton night shirt from PJ Pan. Teamed with a luxurious cashmere hot water bottle as suggested by Jolly Lovely.



I'm a bit of a fitness nut, my sister is a bit of a fitness nut and a pretty sure all of my friends will miraculously turn into fitness nuts post Christmas. So for the sporty in my life, I love this yoga mat bag from Nomad Design who ethically source their Ikat prints and manufacture in England. My second suggestion comes in the form of new faves, Lexie Sport. From their new collection 13.3, these leggings (top or even the Norman Walsh Trainers) would excite any fitness lover.


If you're still struggling for your Dad, Uncle etc etc, how about these tweed print mugs as suggested by William Edwards available from Wolf & Badger. Alternatively, this bi-fold wallet suggested and by Holdall & Co would we warmly received.


My final gift guide suggestions this Christmas go to the prints. Perfect for joint presents, awkward to shop for, homeowners, they are gender neutral and I think the gift of print is one of the most thoughtful gifts to give... although maybe I should hastily add, if you get it right! The first print was suggested by Emma Higgins and is a lino cut coastal print. The second by and suggested by Toasted Crumpet is this wonderful illustration.

A huge thank you to everyone who got involved with #buybritishthischristmas, what was a whim has turned into an actually genuine hashtag, we can now haul out EVERY Christmas to come, so thank you so much for all your suggestion and helping me get it off the ground!

Read the rest of the Gift Guide here. Or follow it on Pinterest. Or Twitter. Or.. well just about anywhere else you can hashtag!

Merry Christmas, and I cannot wait to see all the wonderful gifts people will receive this year!


Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground