The Mibber Hauls the Highstreet

Thursday 24 July 2014

So I claim I shop fashion made in Britain in my Twitter description. But It dawned on me: I haven't actually shown anything I've bought recently. Or ever for that matter. If I was brave enough to YT it, I probably would, but till then here is a photo haul of some lovely high street goodies.

I'm apparently channeling minimalism. And too much white. Ragu will eventually ruin it all. 

 Jumper, Miss Selfridge. 

This ribbed jumper I adore. It's lightweight for summer and being white, ideal, but will be so good to brighten my dull winter wardrobe and overcast days. It's quite oversized so I sized down. I do love an interesting texture and it's boxy fit and slight crop means it sits perfectly over day dresses. 

 Shoes, Marks and Spencer via MelleRobot on Depop.

I bought them from blogger MelleRobot on app-based marketplace, Depop. Beautiful quality as you'd probably expect from British-Made brogues and they had never been worn. I look forward to wearing with everything tights come winter but until then, they will be carefully stored, longing for their first proper outing. Merci Melle, Merci!

 Vest, Topshop

Quite to my surprise, this basic vest - just £10 - had UK in its tag. It only a simple vest, but shows a good snoop in the label will show all that is good (and surprising) about the big high street stores. Even they get something as simple as a vest manufactured here. 

Trousers, Topshop Boutique

My best buy. They don't say much on this hanger. But the culotte-cum-trouser is my new out-out go to piece. High waisted. Silk (refreshing for these sweltering summer evenings). Checks. Monochrome. Britsh-made. And an odd but strangely flattering length sitting happily between mid calf and ankle.
The dream.

Andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground