New Balance

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Help. I'm getting trainer obsessed. Partly because my Vans have officially died and the thought of repurchase upsets my MIB ways.

Of course, there are still some trainer manufactures in the UK, but mainly pointed at men. Still, theres always New Balance. A school fave, my fitness trainer of choice (MIB of course) and now my next casual fashion trainer? I hope so.

The American brand opened their first British based factory on August 23rd 1982. 31 and a bit years later they're still going strong. Ok, so their not a British brand per say, but the fact they support the British shoe manufacturing industry - even throughout the 90's when everyone jumped shipped - is very honourable! Plus the company was founded by a British emigrant!

Today their factory based in Flimby, Cumbria still produces an amazing 28,000 shoes per week!

For me, late to the game as always, I have been swooning over their recent Tea Pack collection. Peppermint and Earl Grey, not only my favourite teas.. but also footwear. Yum. There is also a builders tea version, of course, a brown-y copper-y affair. 

Alas, they were made for men and I am *just* out of their smallest size.. both styles available from End.

So I search on... 

Turns out - according to NB online only 576 are available in women's sizes. So I'll guess I'll have to settle for these..

Funnily though, I can't find a retailer willing to state their womens 576 are MIB so these along with the burgundy are all available from End also. Men are so lucky when it comes to provenance shopping. 

And something else to break my heart, the echos of a new 'pack' being released pour homme of course. The NB Seaside pack will be available from this spring. And, yes you guessed it, I'm still at 6.5... might have to chance a Men's 7. It'll be worth it.

Andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground