Second Hand News

Wednesday 27 August 2014

As I type, I actually think it's been raining for a whole twenty four hours. I feel a twang of guilt thinking of Autumn, like I'm cheating on what's left of Summer. But how can I not dream of staying warm and layering up. I'm the coldest human being ever. I even wore my winter coat out yesterday. Not to mention, my day job which reminds me AW14 is very much in full swing. So I need to face facts: it's already happened, Summer has slipped away.

I mourned Summer for all of about 30 seconds before googling faux British made fur accessories! Ha!

Whilst I don't want to invest in a new winter coat - my MIB Topshop wool one is still very much a good'un - I do want to tweak it. Not to mention my new favourite phrase: "What Would Stevie Nicks Do?". And then theres that felt fedora I just can't stop thinking about.. and I'm not and have never been a hat person *monkey seeing no evil emoji*

Naturally, when the heavens open my first thought was faux fur, on reflection I have seriously questionable fashion associations. Probably the same reason why I should be banned from buying suede shoes. It's true when they say there is no bad weather just bad clothes - or in my case bad choices.

Helen Moore, came up trumps in my search. Already adorning the shoulders of Fearne Cotton (or is it Wood now?) and already being hotly anticipated as THE fashion week must-have, you can't really go wrong. The multi-coloured scarves, the pill box hats and the perfect addition to my existing coat - the peter pan collar, in Forest green no less.

And lets not forget their MIB credentials, with an impressive 31 years of British manufacture under their belts. Swit Swoo. They promote everything I love in a brand.

Whilst I can't bring myself to look at woolies, just yet, I can ask WWSND? She'd accessorise!


Scarf, Age of Reason; Hat, Christy Hats; Scarf, Helen Moore; bag, M.Hulot; Shoes, Arthur Sleepers; bg, Liberty Print.


A scarf layered with a scarf, you say I'm crazy. I say think Burberry AW14! Tie your Shawl with a belt at the waist and luxuriously layer your faux on top.

I wanted a black felt hat but a pop of colour and the feather detail on the band, I just couldn't resist this emeraldyblue shade.

Slipper shoes in tweed to add in texture and bring out the bluey tones of the accessories (even more). The new age rock n roll blue suede shoes. Ones I still won't wear in the rain.

And lovely, lovely, beautiful tanned leather. This wrap over clutch is perfect.

Check out my Pinterest board with lots of styling and inspiration for my new favourite look.

Andrea x


1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of blog tackles about second hand shoes, but your blog was more interesting rather than the articles I saw before. I read your blog many times and I loved it so much. I will regularly visit here to find new updates. Thank you so much!

    Come and learn more about Christian Muller Boex at http://www.boex.tv/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground