Basics

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Basically since forever, when I started buying British, I've desperately wanted to find our version of American Apparel. Not that I have any problem with shopping there, by their name alone, I know what I'm buying and I barely have to scratch the surface to realise they're a company which embody everything I believe in for fashion manufacture.Woo, go them.

But it would be nice as a MIB advocate to find a British Apparel. So, apart from the very, VERY few basics I've picked up from Topshop (a few of roll sleeve oversized tees last year) and a couple of jersey crops from River Island - I haven't found many alternatives. 

And then this morning, I received a newsletter e-mail from Oh My Love, a fab east London brand, seriously proud of their British manufacturing, promoting OML basics. And guess what they're all MIB, super! Anyway this got me thinking and I've started to look for other MIB basics. And in true blogger style, I'm giving you the AA MIB Dupes, because who doesn't love AA Dupes?

First up the AA Figure Skater Dress vs OML Day Dreamer Skater Dress.

The obvious difference is that one's nylon and the other's jersey, but for aesthetic they're a dupe. And with the AA one almost double the price.. you know where my money's going!

When I started this post I was not anticipating the MIB version would be cheaper. Unless of course you want the mirage of colours on offer at AA. Saying this in my exp. River Island AND Toppers have a lot of these style of dresses which are MIB, so worth checking the label just in case.

Yeh check that price. The AA stripe one is ugly, so I included this bootylicious version instead. But one again MIB wins for me - but I am biased!!

Erm, yeah so that was the end of the MIB bargains. They're identical really, just one (the MIB one) is almost 4 x the price. I'm certain the premium Egyptian cotton is a marker for excellent quality though. 

It's a classic, why not invest in something to last? *please don't throw things at me for suggesting you spend £50 on a white vest*

So you can buy a MIB t-shirt from M&S now - love how their BoB collection is growing season by season! 

Strictly speaking this isn't exactly a dupe but I had to squeeze Love Holly, a brand discovered on Instagram, into the jersey mix. They do some lovely jersey styles, the Lola Dress, adorbs!

And just a fun one to end on.. Hollagram Circle Skirt vs Topshop Silver Leather Skirt
Could these skirts BE anymore perfect? An essential to anyones wardrobe surely?

Not conclusive list by any means of course, it would be a very boring read and would take me hours to show you EVERY style dupe available. But hopefully I've given you a good place to start looking for plain basics!!

Have you come across any MIB basics? Who and where - do share!! 

Andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground